Sustainable community development: the impact of ICT and OER on educating social entrepreneurship
Previous: University of Twente
In my PhD I research the process of introducing ICT in competence based learning and the use of OER in the framework of the development of a diploma program on Social Entrepreneurship. The diploma program is being developed at Tangaza University College, Nairobi, Kenya. The diploma program targets entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs to boost development through better business development that leads to more employment.
Promotor: Prof. Rietje van Dam-Mieras
- De Kraker, J. et al., 2012. Learning for sustainable regional development: towards learning networks 2.0? Journal of Cleaner Production, pp.1–9.
- Rikers, J.H.A.N. & Mulder, F., 2012. Classical and digital openness in a fascinating blend Two distinct Open Worlds. Future of ODL for the "Knowledge Society.", September 17, Seoul: e-ASEM,
- Rikers J.H.A.N. & Pete, J. 2011. Open Educational Resources and how it fosters international cooperation. 1st East Africa UNESCO-UNITWIN OCW/OER Initiative Conference, July 6 2011, Limuru, Kenya.
- Mulder, F. & Rikers, J.H.A.N. 2011. The UNESCO Chairs in Open Educational Resources: Objectives and intended Activities The OUNL UNESCO Chair in OER. OCWC Global 2011, 4-6 May 2011, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- I am the manager of GO-GN